Thursday, June 4, 2009

Review of Summon Thrull s/t CD on Debacle Records

Summon Thrull:s/t CD:Debacle Records DBL020ECD206:83/100

I have been listening to this cd an average of once a day it seems since I grabbed it from Debacle kingpin Sam. A jam packed six track Cd of crazy good electronics. I saw a review the other day where the reviewer mentioned terms such as "epic" and "majestic" in hearing the tracks and I have to agree. Each song is a distinct composition that utilizes all manner of whizz bang electronic tones and rhythms. Also anyone who namechecks Videodrome in a title and has the creepy music to back it up is cool by me (I saw it when I was something like 11 or 12, which as I think about it, might explain a few things.) I love how the track titles give nice clues to the songs themselves. Cassettcon brought to mind fucked up teenage tape abuse while the final track Bleach Blonde Fragment Fracture really does have a lovely fractured momentum to the track. Another cool release on the ever reliable Debacle roster. If anything reminded me a bit of the more, dare I say, "beautiful" electronic soundscapes of Yellow Swans. Which I love. Mad love for the animist/alchemy layout. I'm not sure if I have met Dustin Kotchel the man behind the Thrull but check this one out.

Available from Debacle Records, Dissonant Plane and as always Sam at a show.

dk-noise@hotmail.com
debaclerecords@gmail.com
www.dissonantplane.com

No comments:

Post a Comment